+39 0474 710343  |   info@oberpauler.com

House Oberpauler history

House Oberpauler

The story of our house

It was built around 1850 as a farmhouse. When evacuated Sexten was shelled and burnt down in the First World War, our house was one of the few undamaged buildings in the St. Veit district.
Already at the end of the 1950s, a small holiday flat was rented out to holiday guests. At that time there was only cold running water. And as there was not yet any central heating, it was only rented out in the summer months.
It was only in the 1960s that comfort was increased with oil-fired central heating so that the apartment could be rented out all through the year.
In 1948 the northern part of the house was extended and in 1966 4 new guest rooms were added to the southern part.

Now, 50 years later, the house is enjoying the biggest renovation in its almost 170-year history. The upper storey and attic were completely rebuilt to meet today’s needs but without essentially altering the exterior. Even a few beams from 1848 were incorporated into the new holiday apartments. We are looking forward to greeting you for the winter season in the new holiday apartments.

Extension Haus Oberpauler
Our offers: